The Vandalia Division of Fire is accepting applications for the position of full time Fire Captain.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and/or five to ten years related experience and/or training, including demonstrated, applicable experience as a Fire/EMS Officer/Supervisor.
The chosen candidate will also hold the following:
- State of Ohio Professional Firefighter Certification (Level II Firefighter)
- State of Ohio Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic Certification
- State of Ohio Fire Safety Inspector Certification
- State of Ohio Fire and/or EMS Instructor Certification must be obtained within two years of appointment.
- Current CPR Certification
- Current ACLS Certification
- Successful completion of Montgomery County Paramedic Standing Orders
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License
The qualification process will include oral interviews and job-related assessments as deemed necessary and appropriate.
IMPORTANT qualification instructions and the City’s standard application form are available on the Vandalia website, www.vandaliaohio.org. Interested candidates must complete the application and submit it, along with a signed, handwritten letter of interest and a brief resume articulating their education, related work experience, achievements, awards and other pertinent information, to the City Manager’s Office, 333 James E. Bohanan Memorial Dr., Vandalia, OH 45377.
Application deadline is 5 p.m., Friday, March 31.
Vandalia is an EOE and ADA Compliant. Women and minorities encouraged to apply.
For a print-friendly copy of this ad, CLICK HERE.
For a complete list of application instructions and qualifications, CLICK HERE.