The City of Vandalia has integrated our calendar and FAQ section with Amazon Alexa enabled devices.
When using the Alexa E-Gov Link Skill, you can search for things such as:
- When is the next council meeting?
- Bulk trash dropoff
- Locked my keys in my car
- Fire permit
- Remove wild animal
There are currently about 40 FAQs in the system. More will be added each week.
Say, “Alexa, open eGov”. State your question or keywords to search.
Report an Issue
You can also report an issue such as tall grass, pothole, light out. Issues will be tracked by linking the reported issue to the email address you linked when setting up the Alexa skill.
Say, “Alexa, open eGov”, then “Report an Issue”.
Enable the Skill
NOTE: You must own an Alexa enabled device in order to use E-Gov Link.
- Open the Amazon Alexa app on your PC or smartphone.
- Enable the E-Gov Link Skill: Enable Here
- Follow the prompts to select Vandalia as the city
- If you already have an account with the city of Vandalia:
- Enter your email and password, and press the Sign In button.
- If you do not have an account, either click Sign In with Google, or the “Not registered yet?” Link
- Sign In with Google will allow you to use your Google Credentials
- Not Registered Yet will allow you to provide an email account and password, as well as your contact information.
- When complete, start the skill by saying “Alexa, open eGov.”
- Use small phrases or keywords to limit the search.
NOTE: We are still working on refining the searches and content. In the meantime, some of the responses may not be accurate. Some may even be comical.