The Vandalia Fire Division Fire Administration Office is responsible for managing all fire and emergency medical services reports while ensuring that all reports released are in compliance with the Freedom of Information Act as well as HIPAA guidelines, and confidentiality policies.
Our records management is broke down into the following categories:
EMS Reports– EMS reports or Patient Care Reports (PCR) contain information, which is often required by various laws to maintain Protected Health Information (PHI) in a private and/or confidential manner. Should you wish to access PCR or information on a PCR you must:
- Submit a written letter of request for record or the complete the appropriate access form which you can obtain on line HERE or come into the Fire Administration Office to get. ALL requests to access PHI maintained by the Division of Fire MUST be reduced to writing.
- Anyone asking to access PHI maintained by the Division of Fire shall be prepared and able to verify the identity. This is usually achieved by presenting us with a photo identification.
a. A parent/guardian may pick up a report for their minor child when present us with a birth certificate (of child), court paperwork that names you the minor child’s guardian and a picture ID (parent/guardian).
b. Legal representatives seeking PHI should include a “release of medical information” form signed by the patient.
FIRE Reports– Fire reports are public informational reports completed for each and every fire related response. Should you wish to access a fire report you must:
- Submit a written letter of request for record or the complete the appropriate access form which you can obtain on line HERE or come into the Fire Administration Office to get. ALL requests for public records maintained by the Division of Fire MUST be reduced to writing.
- Fire reports are public record, and anyone can request a fire report with the exception of an associated casualty report – this is subject to the same criteria as an EMS report or a fire report that is involved in a criminal investigation.
- Fire reports will be provided as soon as the investigation has been completed and recorded.
To expedite your request you should be ready to present and/or provide the following information:
- Photo Identification
- Address/location of incident you are inquiring about
- Date of incident
The Division of Fire’s records management is located in the administration office at Fire Station 1, located at 8705 Peters Pike, Vandalia, Ohio 45377.
Records can be accessed during regular business hours Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Fire Administration can be reached at 937-898-2261.
PLEASE NOTE: Records are not always immediately accessible. The Fire Division strives to provide information within a reasonable period of time. Mail requests should be expected to take 7-10 days.