Basic Rules and Regulations
- Parents/guardians are required to properly sign their child in and out of child care. A photo
ID may be asked to be shown when a child is signed out.
- Parents/guardians must remain in the facility at all times while their child is visiting child care.
- Please pay for services at the front desk and take the receipt with you into the child care area.
- Service is available for a maximum of 3 hours per child.
- Luther’s will be open to children ages four to nine years old.
- Ricky’s will be open for children ages 6 months to 4 years old.
- Luther’s will handle a capacity of fifty children per hour.
- Ricky’s will handle a capacity of 25 children per hour.
- If a child consistently cries for longer than 20 minutes, the child care attendant will notify the parent. The child care attendant may request the child leave the child care center.
- Children will not be permitted to be signed out with another person unless authorized by the parent/guardian.
VRC Staff Reserves the Right for the Following Disciplinary Procedure
- Verbal Warning by VRC Staff to Child
- “Time Out” area will be used by VRC Staff (based on their judgement of individual situation.)
- If first two levels of discipline are not effective, staff will write a behavior report and/or notify parent/guardian to remove child from the Child Care Center.
- If 3 behavior reports are written within a 6 month period, the child will not be permitted in the child care area for the remainder of the calendar year.
Rules in Regards to Food
- Drinks in a spill-proof plastic bottle or cup with lid will be permitted.
- Non-messy finger foods will be permitted.
- Chewing Gum and Candy will not be permitted.
Rules in Regards to Safety
- If a child is hurt or injured, staff will notify parents immediately of the problem. Staff will then fill out the appropriate incident/accident report form.
- Socks must be worn at all times in child care areas.
- Fighting, horseplay, and unsafe behavior are strictly prohibited.
- Glass items of any kind will not be permitted.
Rules in Regards to Illness/Hygiene
- Please help us to make child care facilities a healthy and safe place for our children. If your
child has any of the following symptoms, please do not bring them into the child care area: Runny nose with colored discharge, fever, diarrhea or vomiting in the last 24 hours, rash, eye drainage, and lice.
- If the VRC staff determines a child is sick, an employee will get parent/guardian to remove
child from the center.
- VRC Staff is not permitted to administer any medications at any time.