Living Here FAQ

questionsWhere do I call for trash service?

Residents of Vandalia are provided with refuse collection. For more info regarding pickup in your neighborhood, call 898-3750.

Every home receives a plastic bin for the recycling of glass, metal cans, cardboard, some plastics and newspaper. These items are picked up along with household trash.

For specific questions regarding Rumpke pick-up policies, call 461-0004, extension 8755 for residential pick-up and  461-0004, extension 8756 for commercial pick-up.

When is large/bulk item pick up?

Whenever your regular trash is collected, pickup of extra-large trash items is available through the city’s contracted waste hauler, Rumpke. There is no additional charge for this service but homeowners must call Rumpke at least 72 hours in advance at 461-0004 to advise what items need to be removed. Additionally, monthly bulk drop-offs are available the second Saturday of each month from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the city garage, 97 Clubhouse Way. These drop-offs are limited to limbs, brush and large construction materials. Please call 415-2349 for additional information.

red_arrw_18x10Rumpke has asked us to have residents who are disposing of mattresses to wrap them in plastic before they will be picked up as large trash.

Does the city provide yard waste removal?

Yes. Yard waste is collected along with other waste materials. There is NO NEED to purchase additional bags or containers. Brush should be in bundles no larger than 2′ x 4′ with a yard waste bag attached. Limbs larger than 6″ in diameter will not be accepted. 

Residents of Vandalia may also take brush, limbs and trees that are smaller than 12 inches in diameter to BR Mulch, 620 Ginghamsburg Road, Tipp City. Those using this free service must show proof of residency. For hours of operation, call BR Mulch, 667-8288.

Does the City have an income tax?

Yes. Vandalia has a local income tax of 2.0%. The tax is applicable to all residents of the city, to non-residents who works within the city and to all businesses located or performing services within Vandalia. Taxable income includes all gross wages, salaries and other compensation and all business net profits. Every resident and every business located or performing services within the city is required to file an annual return whether or not any income was earned or any tax is due.

Questions concerning the tax and/or assistance in preparing the tax returns may be directed to the Vandalia Tax Office at 333 James Bohanan Memorial Drive or by calling (937) 415-2240 or toll free (866) 898-5891. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Does the Vandalia Butler School District have a school income tax?


How do I register to vote?

If you’re 18 or older and a U.S. citizen, you can register at the Board of Elections, at all county libraries or schools, at the Human Services Department or at the license bureau. Be sure to register at least one month in advance of the election in which you wish to vote. For more details, call the Montgomery County Board of Elections at 225-5656.

HTML Snippets Powered By :