Basic Rules and Regulations
- All children must have a waiver on file for the current calendar year.
- Children are not permitted to be signed out by anyone other than the parent/guardian who signed them in, unless authorized by the parent/guardian who signed them in. Photo ID may be required.
- Parent/guardian must remain within the Vandalia Recreation Center (VRC) or Sports Complex while their child is visiting the Child Care areas. Parents utilizing the Sports Complex must leave a cell phone number with the Child Care Attendant on duty so the parent can be reached if needed.
- Service is available for a maximum of 3 hours per child.
- Child Care Attendants are not required to change diapers; if a bowel movement occurs the parent/guardian will be notified.
- Children are discouraged from bringing personal toys of any kind into the Child Care areas. Staff is not responsible for lost or broken toys.
- If a child cries continuously for longer than twenty minutes, a staff member will notify the parent. The Child Care Attendant may request the child leave the Child Care area.
- Any other guidelines deemed necessary for the safety and comfort of the patron will be enforced.
VRC Staff Reserves the Right for the Following Disciplinary Procedure
- Verbal Warning by VRC Staff to Child
- “Time Out” area will be used by VRC Staff (based on their judgement of individual situation.)
- If first two levels of discipline are not effective, staff will write a behavior report and/or notify parent/guardian to remove child from the Child Care Center.
- If 3 behavior reports are written within a 6 month period, the child will not be permitted in the child care area for the remainder of the calendar year.
Rules in Regards to Food
- Drinks in a spill-proof plastic bottle or cup with lid will be permitted.
- Non-messy finger foods will be permitted.
- No gum will be permitted.
Rules in Regards to Safety
- If a child is hurt or injured, staff will notify parents immediately of the problem. Staff will then fill out the appropriate incident/accident report form.
- Socks must be worn at all times in child care areas.
- Fighting, horseplay, and unsafe behavior are strictly prohibited.
- Glass items of any kind will not be permitted.
Rules in Regards to Illness/Hygiene
- Please help us to make child care facilities a healthy and safe place for our children. If your
child has any of the following symptoms, please do not bring them into the child care area: Runny nose with colored discharge, fever, diarrhea or vomiting in the last 24 hours, rash, eye drainage, and lice.
- If the VRC staff determines a child is sick, an employee will get parent/guardian to remove
child from the center.
- VRC Staff is not permitted to administer any medications at any time.