Do you have exceptional attention to detail, customer service, math, finance and computer skills? If so, there is a challenging and rewarding career that awaits you in our Finance Department as a Finance Assistant. Our Finance Department has received the Ohio Auditor of State Award with Distinction for Excellence in financial reporting for 29 consecutive years. This award goes to only a small percentage of municipalities. Excellent customer service and attention to detail are paramount to our success.
The City of Vandalia is a progressive community situated in the northeastern portion of Montgomery County, adjacent to Interstates 70 and 75 and the Dayton International Airport. We serve a community with a population of over 15,000 residents.
The Finance Assistant performs general accounting and other financial activities related to the City. Performs secretarial and clerical tasks in order to assist the Finance Supervisor and Finance Director. Assists with the efficient operation of the finance office.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 3 or more months of related experience and/or training.
- Excellent Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Computer, and Math Experience.
- Financial report generation experience.
- Accounts receivable and monthly reconciliation.
- Familiar with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Performs clerical tasks in order to assist the Finance Supervisor and Finance Director and to assist with efficient operations of the office (e.g., answers the telephone, directing calls appropriately and greets visitors).
- Receive and respond to inquiries in person and over the phone.
- Type/prepare correspondence, copy, files, and retrieves documents.
- Maintains forms, receives, sort, and distributes all City mail.
- Assists with the day-to-day operations of the finance department (e.g., audits accounts payable checks and prepares for mailing).
- Reconcile cleared checks on a daily basis in the accounting system and balances the self-funded insurance bank account.
- Help balance the general operating account, copy vouchers for fixed asset tagging, and assist with posting cash receipts, etc.
- May be required to cross-train and perform other functions as required in the finance department.
- Attends meetings and serves on committees; attends training and seminars as directed.
Applications will be accepted through 7/17/19.
CLICK HERE for more information on the position and application instructions.
CLICK HERE to access and print off an application.
Both the application and resume must be submitted for consideration.