With a tradition of service excellence, the City of Vandalia is accepting applications for Full Time Entry Level Firefighter/Paramedic/Fire Inspector.
Applicants must meet the following:
- 18 years old
- S. Citizen/Authorized Permanent Resident
- Valid Ohio driver’s license
- Firefighter EMT Certification
- CPR Certification
- Completion of Ohio Safety Inspector Certification before the end of the 12-month employment probationary period.
- Completion of the Ohio Paramedic certification before the end of the 12-month employment probationary period.
- EVOC –Emergency Vehicle Operator Course
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Associate’s Degree or 2 years’ college credit
- At least one year of recent, successful service—full or part time—
as a Firefighter/EMT or Paramedic
- Ohio Fire Safety Inspector certification
Current base salary is $48,438, with exceptional benefits package and training opportunities. Potential applicants must review important qualification instructions at www.vandaliaohio.org. Application deadline: Monday, July 15, 2019, 5 p.m.
Vandalia is EOE and ADA compliant. Women/minorities encouraged to apply.