With a tradition of service excellence, the City of Vandalia is accepting applications for a Head Mechanic in its Public Works Department. Please see the Jobs tab on our website, www.vandaliaohio.org, for the job description, qualification guidelines and application instructions.
- At least 18 years of age with a High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License.
- Six years of heavy-duty mechanic experience and/or training.
- Able to write technical specifications for vehicles and equipment purchases.
- Experience supervising employees.
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License with Tanker (must be obtained within 6 months of appointment to position).
- US Citizen or Valid Permanent Resident Card.
- Experience and/or training in maintaining public works vehicles, fire equipment and systems.
- ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) Certified as a Master Heavy Duty Technician.
The City of Vandalia offers competitive pay, with a range of ($22.19 – $33.28 an hour), depending on experience, certifications, and education. We also offer a generous benefits package and continuous training opportunities.
An application and resume must be submitted for consideration. CLICK HERE to review and obtain IMPORTANT QUALIFICATION INSTRUCTIONS at www.vandaliaohio.org. All application materials must be submitted no later than Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Vandalia is EOE and ADA Compliant– Women/minorities encouraged to apply