Are you interested in throwing a Block Party? If the answer is "Yes!", you'll need to request a permit at least fourteen (14) days prior to the planned event. There is no fee for the permit.
Block Party Rules:
- Noise, such as radios, bands, etc., is to be confined to the immediate area and is not permitted after 10:00 p.m.
- Block parties are to conclude by 10:30 p.m. on weekdays, and by 11:00 p.m. on Fridays, Saturdays, and nights before holidays.
- Road closures are permitted, however vehicular access must be maintained for emergency vehicles and residential use. The City of Vandalia will provide barricades for your event.
- The Applicant must notify all residents within the affected area and provide signatures of approval for at least 50% of these same residents as part of the permit application.
Click to download the Block Party Permit application. Applications can be filed electronically via email to Christine Budich at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person in the Development and Engineering Services Department.
Block Party Trailer:
Coming in 2024! The City of Vandalia will soon debut a Block Party Trailer that contains all of the basics you'll need to throw a Block Party. The best part? We will bring the trailer to you and pick it up when you're done!
- 6 - 6-foot folding tables
- 4 - 6-foot picnic tables
- 32 - folding chairs
- 2 - 120 qt. coolers
- 2 - 5 gallon beverage cooler
- Yard games including volleyball/badminton, Connect 4, giant jenga, KanJam, corn hole, sidewalk chalk, and more.
- Bluetooth enabled speaker with microphone
- 1 - 10' x 10' pop-up tent
- Barricades & cones
Reservations for the Block Party Trailer can be made starting on January 15, 2024 for use between April and October 2024.